Greycinations

Monday, December 11, 2006

Day 6

It is Day 6 of Greyson's cold. I am hanging in there, and so is he. He's been such a trooper, a "good patient" as my mother put it. In spite of his difficulty breathing and clogged nasal passages, he finds it within himself to coo, smile, laugh and cheer his mom up. The doctors tell us it will be 10-14 days for the virus to clear. We are only on Day 6. I'm not sure how much longer I can do this. I feel emotionally exhausted.


I know I'm being such a wimp about this. It's just a common cold, but I'm new to this. I can't stand the feeling of not being able to help him. Yesterday I was on my way home and I lost my way in the Golden Gate Park. I ended up shooting out at the exit on Great Highway and facing the ocean. It's been storming lately so the waves were enormous, crashing maniacally one on top of the other. It was a sight to behold and I felt reminded once again that the God who tells the ocean where to stop on the sand, can provide for my son's every need, even the ones I cannot. I find God reveals Himself to me in every minutiae of motherhood if I am interested enough to look for Him. Unfortunately, it takes the tough times to peak my interest, and that may be the lesson itself. Here are photos of my little invalid.




  • Greyson on his bouncy seat with my pregnancy wedge pillow behind him to keep him upright. He's wearing one of my handmade bibs.
  • Greyson with Anki, my dear friend and Craft Extraordinaire. He's her little blueberry. We love it.
  • Greyson in his new stroller and sucky pillow I made him.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grey doesn't even look asian in that picture with Anke...

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home