Greyson "Live"
It's been a slow week of blogging because the most faithful fans of Greycinations are here, with me, in the States. My parents are visiting from Singapore and it's been a wonderful time watching them experience Greyson "live." Even though Grey hasn't seen them since February, he is very comfortable with his Gong Gong and Ah Ma and has protested minimally when I leave him with them. I don't say it much because it seems so obvious, but I wish my parents live here. I've grown very attached to my nanny and she takes excellent care of Greyson, but there's nothing like leaving your child with your own parents. Even though they aren't completely in tune with his routine and signals, they're a part of me, and when I leave him with them, it's like I'm still with him somehow.
Greyson started pulling up to standing yesterday. My mom and I had the privilege of witnessing it for the very first time. We were putting him down for a nap at my sister's and in the Pack and Play, he slowly went from his belly, to kneeling and then did a lunge into standing. He was so triumphant, he refused to sleep the rest of the afternoon. We are now in the process of "pulling up training." During naps and bedtime, Greyson pulls up to standing in his crib and then doesn't know how to get back down. We either go in and help him back down or let him fuss until he figures it out. It's about finding the balance between giving him the opportunity to learn and rescuing him when he's genuinely distressed. His newfound abilities are irresistable to him, and he can't help practising them even when he's completely exhausted. This morning I was awoken at 6:34am by what we call the no. 10 cry. It wasn't just fussing, it was distress. I ran into Greyson's room to find him standing in his crib, looking as if he'd just woken up and almost hysterical. My guess is he'd pulled up in his sleep, woken up standing and freaked himself out. I've read that during developmental milestones, babies practice in their sleep.








Going from the top left corner downwards:
- Happy morning hours
- Mama and Grey in Corte Madera
- Gong Gong with Grey at the fountains
- Kisses for Mama
- Mama teaching Grey how to "Praise the Lord"
- Gong Gong showing him how
- Greyson watching over Gong Gong as he succumbs to jet lag
- Mama reading to Grey and Grey not paying attention

1 Comments:
wow - what a difference a hair cut makes! Grey looks like a little boy in these pictures instead of a baby! Seeing these pictures of Grey with your parents makes me long for my parents return! Have fun!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home