Greycinations

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Bumbo Ready



It's been 11 arduous days and Greyson finally seems like he's getting better. He's coughing a lot less, and seems to be less congested. I'm thrilled to see my boy breathing normally again, and best of all, eating normally again. His nursing strike appears to be over, and his appetite has returned. I weighed him at Day One on Thursday and he'd lost 3 ounces from his 18.4 lbs two weeks ago. We weighed him again today, and he's gained those 3 ounces back and more. He was 19.1 lbs with his clothes on, so give or take a few ounces, I think my little giant is back. I myself am trying to get over the cold I caught from him. It's been tough taking care of him and trying to get rest for myself. I guess this is how life is from now on. There will never be a time when I am sick and I can just focus on getting better. I can never just take naps for endless hours, drugged up with Nyquil or some other over-the-counter sedative. It's just not about me anymore. I try not to entertain these "I will never again..." thoughts because they make me freak out about what I've gotten myself into. I have to focus on Greyson, and what a gift he is to me. Someday, this new life will be "normal" to me. It will be a "new normal," and my"Greysonless" days will be so far away I will not remember or grieve the way life used to be. I wonder how long it takes.

My beautiful baby boy is finally strong enough to hold his neck up in his Bumbo. He's been a little slower at this than a lot of the other babies his age because of his size. Our doctor said that because he's such a large baby, it takes longer for his neck to develop the strength to hold his head up. When I see him in it, he seems so grown up to me. I'm already grieving these sweet baby days. They're going by too fast.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, parenthood is an assignment that demands everything we can give..sacrifice & maybe tears.You're doing fine..press on!

5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home