First Easter
Today was Easter Sunday. We dressed Greyson up in his Sunday best and got to church in time to catch some worship and great sermon. It was Grey's first time back in nursery since we left for Singapore. We were gone for so long and when we got back, he was still too sick to be there until this week. It was so special to share Greyson's first Easter with our church family. I am so thankful for them.After church we headed to Tita Christy's to hang with the fam on Roque's side. It was a great time, nap stresses aside. Greyson is proving to have too much stamina even when nap-deprived. One thing that has changed about him though, is that he is much less ornery when exhausted than he used to be. Even when he's really tired now, he still musters up smiles and always has the energy to grab the closest object in sight. On a side note, the speed at which he does the latter is astonishing. The other day I was in a restaurant having lunch with a girlfriend with Greyson next to me in a high chair. I turned my head for a second and when I looked back at him, he had my knife in his hand and was about to stick the blade in his mouth. Anyway, we had an awesome time with the new cousins, Devon and Rene, and all of the wonderful Titas and Titos.

Greyson, Devon and Rene.Today was a day to celebrate Jesus dying for our sins and rising from the dead so that we could be with Him in Heaven. This is what I'm thankful for today. I'm thankful that when I'm completely helpless, anxious and fearful, feelings all too familiar to a new mother, I am comforted that I don't have to do this alone. Whether I feel like it or not, God always has me in the palm of His hand. I'm thankful for the freedom that was bought for me in this life. I'm thankful for my little boy, who teaches me so much about both surrender and celebration.

Greyson and his Uncle Bigs in their respective Christmas presents.

Greyson and his Uncle Dalen. Just for you, Mrs Oshiro. Here's a picture of your baby with my baby. :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home