Sabbatical
I'm starting to think I should declare a blog sabbatical. I've been horrendously negligent of my blog since my parents left, for good reason. We purchased our first house this week. It's been a whirlwind of events since my folks left, and although I've been missing on the blog, we've been talking every day. Like any big decision, it was wraught with stress and anxiety. We are ecstatic about our new house. It will have a yard for Grey, more room for him to run, and finally, a garage only one flight of stairs away. I feel like we're moving at lightning speed. All of sudden, we've been swept up in staging, packing, consultations with contractors, estimates with movers...all in preparation for our open house which, alarmingly, is next week. If all of this were not challenging enough on it's own, it's taken up another notch having baby around. I have no idea how I'm going to keep the house "staged" and the floors uncluttered with Greyson crawling around. The week our condo is on the market, I'm supposed to vacate the house, with Greyson, on a daily basis at varying times, leaving it immaculate and sellable. Exactly how I plan to execute that escapes me at the moment.I have mixed feelings about leaving the Richmond. We have enjoyed four wonderful years in this condo. This is where we brought Greyson home, and the walks I've taken with him around this neighborhood are familiar and memorable. Yet, as sentimental as I am about this condo, I know Greyson will not remember it. Our new house will be the house Greyson grows up in. This condo was about us. This house will be about him.
Here are a few of the photos we've taken lately, and a couple we took with my parents. Greyson with his new favorite spoon from Gramma Laurie. Greyson looking up from his Pack and Play. My dad with his grandsons. (My nephew Aidan is 3, and Greyson is larger than he is. ) Gong Gong pushing Greyson on the swing.





3 Comments:
Wow! A house? Congratulations! How exciting :)
We're thrilled..we're privileged to be part of the excitement of the house-hunt & purchase. Congratulation on being proud owner of a landed property! No more scaling of the steps with the little man! We look forward being guests @ West Portal..& we are missing California St!!
hey girl,
how EXCITING! i am so thrilled for you!
congratulations! no looking back, this is the best thing in the world!
cheers,
t
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home