Greycinations

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

The Ultimate Superstar

Last week was Music and Drama camp at Bethel. It culminated in the kids putting on a musical titled, "The Ultimate Superstar", for us during Sunday Service. We had a CD that we had to listen to at home and Greyson amazed us with his memory of all the lines, actions and cues. The camp director said he was the only four-year-old that was actually listening to the music and trying to do the actions. Come to find out on Sunday morning, that all he had to do was walk across stage a few times, and all the actions and cues he'd memorized belonged to other people! Go figure.









I think I enjoyed the whole experience more than he did.
The best part of it all was listening to him sing all the songs, word for word, around the house. It brought back so many memories of all the drama musicals my mom used to perform in back in the day, and how we'd listen to her CD in the car and memorize all the lyrics and music. It reminded me of the time when I think I was seven and I had to sing my first solo during a Christmas cantata. My mom made me practice in front of all my aunts and uncles. Greyson definitely shows tremendous musicality and I'm curious to see where he'll take that as he gets older. It was so wonderful seeing our little guy up there in his little yellow T-shirt with his friends. He did do a lot of whining before hand about not wanting to sing on stage with everyone, but when it came to, he seemed thrilled to be up there. Good job, Grey Grey!





2 Comments:

Blogger roque said...

That's my boy.

12:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

' That's my grandson ' - Papa uttered!! AhMah

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home