Here and There
Greyson is in Connecticut and I am here. There has been a death in the family, and this morning Roque and him left on a plane to Connecticut leaving me and Ella flying solo till Monday evening. My husband, the sensitive and brave man that he is, made a unilateral decision to take Greyson with him and give me the break I've been saying I needed. A part of me was excited at the prospect of some quiet time, the other was so profoundly sad. It's such a long break, longer than I would have asked for. I feel lost. My life has been so wound around his needs and his schedule for the last four years. I don't even remember what it's like to have a complete day to myself. Here I am, no meals to prepare, no nap to rush home for, no baths to give, no stories to read, no questions to answer, no bedtime routine to plough through. I went grocery shopping and realized that I had no one to shop for, no one to eat the food I was buying. My dishwasher is quiet. I just cleaned up the last of Greyson's toys left strewn everywhere, and it's weird to think that things will stay where they are for the next four days.
Greyson woke up at 4am this morning. Probably the anticipation of the plane ride. Roque was stressed out. Starting a nine-hour journey with an overtired child that won't nap on the plane is scary. Greyson however did wonderfully. As expected, he didn't sleep but he wasn't whiny, and was good company. Roque however was exhausted, poor Papa. Here's a documentation of their trip.
Playing dominoes and Leapster on the plane.
An angel at the Denver airport gave this crazy balloon to our boy during their stopover. Free entertainment.
Our happy traveler.

1 Comments:
Yes, absence makes the heart grows fonder..sigh! He must be missed!
Wow..pictures captured so so soon..think it must be a 'treat' for him. Sorry to hear the demise of Rock's aunt. AhMah
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home