Joyba Girl
We call Greyson a lot of things; "Grey Grey", "Greybus", "Buddy", "Chimi Changa", "Pal".. the list goes on. Other than "El", "Ellie", "Ella Bella" and my personal favorite, "Ella Bella Joyba Girls", I have names for my daughter that don't mean anything. The funniest thing is for a long time Roque thought I was speaking to her in Mandarin, when really it was just nonsense. When she first came home her name was "Zhou Zhou" then it was "Ching Changama Zhou Zhou" and these days, we call her "Nang Gi Gi" or "Nang Gi Gi Lang." Even Greyson calls her "Nang" sometimes. I can't explain it. My daughter has me speaking in tongues.
So little time, so much to report. She is growing, she's changing and it is all just happening too fast. Next month she will be a year old. Even though I write so much less about her, I am so much more present with her. She is my little Joy.
Whenever Ella hears music, or any kind of beat, she starts "dancing". One day she was playing with the cordless phone and when the dial tone came on, she started bobbing up and down, with a silly smile on her face. We're still trying to get a better video of her doing it, but here are a few. It's hilarious. She can be in the middle of playing, eating, whatever... but if she hears a song or a beat, she'll start getting jiggy with it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home