Asleep on The Couch
It was a monumental event. We were incredulous. I was in disbelief .... Greyson fell asleep on the couch. We are talking about my little boy that, from infancy till now, won't sleep in the car, won't sleep on planes, won't sleep in other people's houses, not even in a pitch-dark room if he knows something exciting is happening elsewhere. Yesterday, he told me he was going to take a nap on the couch. My nanny was here, and I was going to go lie down myself. I brought all his comfort items out, and he snuggled up with them in his little nook. I texted Roque and told him, "Boy claims he's going to take a nap on the couch. If he sleeps I'm going to buy a lottery ticket." He sent me this image back (see above) with the message, "Show this to him." I said goodnight and went to take my nap.
When I woke up, all I could hear was Michelle cooking in the kitchen. I went outside and lo and behold, he was where I left him, fast asleep. The thing that makes it crazier is that my notoriously super light sleeper, who would wake up at the creak of a floorboard, fell asleep to the tune of Michelle's Cantonese radio playing in the kitchen, and the ruckuss of pots clanging and pans ringing as she made dinner. He must have been so dead tired, poor kid. I guess dropping a nap will do that to you. Here are the before and after photos of my little boy curled up on the couch with his loveys and dominoes. Michelle piled his jammies on him after he fell asleep because she was afraid his neck would be cold. Yeah, that last part didn't make sense to me either.

1 Comments:
Really ah..incredulous alright! he has GROWN and is NORMAL lah!! AhMah
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home