Lunch Fun
Well, today began our first official full week of school. Last week was like a trial run. The days at school were short, and we were still really in introduction mode both at home, and at school. Today, Greyson seemed excited to go back, and he was up and ready to go this morning. I am still amazed at how quickly he's taken to this new schedule. We set him an alarm clock last night so this morning, he even woke up on his own. (Above: Greyson playing with his school mates at the park after school)
Roque said he was in a great mood at pick up, excited and super chatty. When I got home in the evening, he had lots to tell me. He told me he had Spanish class today, and that he played Sorry with his friends David and Serena. They had some sort of sharing during circle time, where they didn't share an object like "Show and Tell", but instead told the class what they liked to do or something like that. He said he told the class he likes to play with Ella. I'm still getting used to learning about what school is like through these bits and pieces from Greyson. At our preschool, Roque and I volunteered so much we always knew what was going on at school. Now, we drop him off at the school yard, and after morning assembly he files into school with his class. We just blow kisses and smiles from a distance. It's a change. (Left: Greyson in the car after pick up today)
Ever since Greyson started school, I feel like a weight has just been lifted. I realized that a lot of my anguish with the public school search stemmed from the hope that if we did in fact get a school, that we would find out before having to start Greyson at the private school. I really wanted him not to have to endure the confusion of a transfer. But now that the "worst" has happened, it's like it doesn't matter anymore. If we do get a public school now, it will hurt to move him, both for him and for us. But it is what it is and I'll cross that bridge when I get there. There's a part of me that hopes we never get that call. One day at a time.



Meanwhile, I am in lunch-making, bento heaven. I spent the weekend baking and batch-freezing pumpkin whole-wheat and zucchini banana oatmeal muffins. The best part of it all...he's eating them! When I called my nanny today, she said his lunch boxes were completely empty. That is the best feeling. To the left is the after picture of his first school lunch that I promised I'd take. Not bad!
Tomorrow he has his first PE, I'm so excited for him.
1 Comments:
Goodness gracious - food looks yummy. Very balanced meal for a 5-yr old child. Good job Mommy!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home