Adventures in Hair and Other News







E's hair is getting long, and I'm trying to find a way to style it during this in-between stage. She won't keep barrettes in her hair for very long. They inevitably end up in her mouth. This weekend, I got some teensy rubber bands and decided to experiment. So far, I think she still looks better with barrettes, but it's so much fun to play. She sits in my lap patiently while I do her hair. I love having a little girl.


G continues to love kindergarten. It comforts me that he has had such a positive start to school. Every morning he is excited to go, and when he comes home, he's happy and has stories to tell us. He has Spanish class twice a week, Science lab once a week when he looks at rocks under a microscope or makes puddles and watches them evaporate. He sings silly songs in music class on Fridays and best of all, in religion class, he's learning that God made the day and night, and the sun and the stars. When we drop him off in the morning, we know he's safe and that is priceless. Tomorrow is the last day of the SFUSD lottery. We might (and that is a miniscule might) get assigned a public school tomorrow. At this point, it would have to be one of our top choices for us to move Grey. I am vaguely nonchalant about it. If we get that great public school and we have to transfer him, it will be hard for a while, but we'll be thankful for it. If we don't, we have a lovely school for him to spend a year in. It's a win-win situation. Folks, it's taken me a long time to gain that perspective.
Making G's lunches continues to be my favorite thing to do everyday. I love putting them together, figuring out the best way to arrange them, and making sure all the food groups are represented. I feel like I've found a hobby that is the perfect confluence of my two identities as designer and mommy, and that just doesn't happen very often. Here are this week's lunches. I also added a photo of his lunchbox after I've packed it. I bought him a new one from Potterybarn Kids, and it has become my go-to lunch bag. It's fits his bento boxes, Funtainer and water bottle perfectly. The gear is half the fun.
1 Comments:
The lunch boxes' content - very creative meals, colourful & varied. Bless Mom for all food lovingly prepared!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home