Papa Equals Halloween











It's that time of year again. When you step out the door in the morning, and with one sniff, the cold charges up between your eyes and shocks you awake. Halloween and all it's festivity is over, and now we can settle into the comforting rhythm of Thanksgiving and Christmas. As always, Papa made Halloween happen for our family. He made Greyson's costume, led the pumpkin carving, decorated our house, organized a party and took Bubby out trick or treating. Our boy wanted to be a traffic light this year, and Papa stayed up late to made his dream a reality. Ella was supposed to be a lion but she wouldn't keep her costume on so I put her in regular clothes and called her a Gymboree model for Halloween. It was tons of fun, and even though I have a hard time getting excited about Halloween, I'm so glad the kids have their dad to make it happen for them. Greyson loved every bit of it. Ella enjoyed giving out candy to the relentless trick-or-treaters coming to our door.
After all the festivity, we had a lovely weekend with the kids. Nothing fancy, or eventful, just the calming routine of errands, and little thrills. On Saturday, we lit a fire, spread a bed sheet out in the living room, and dined on Boston Market by the fireplace. Ella almost trod into her dinner like three times, but it was so much fun. We went out and bought ourselves our first gas grill. Roque accomplished the admirable task of assembling it, and we had grilled steak for Sunday dinner. The kids were less than impressed with the "black stripy food", but Roque and I enjoyed our juicy steaks immensely.




Roque and I were talking this weekend about how complete our family feels. It's funny, we felt complete with just Greyson, but now we cannot imagine our family without Ella. Watching the kids play together, listening to them sing in the back of the van, battling their splashes in the bath...I'm always kind of astonished by how much I love my children.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home