Greycinations

Sunday, September 02, 2012

Bento's First Week of School

We are officially back to school, folks and I am loving it! It's been a while since I had a good juicy week of lunches to pack and I am starting out the school year with the zeal of a first grader. I'll probably fizzle out and end it with the apathy of an eighth grader, but right now I'm riding the wave! New school, new grade, new chapter! I thought I'd gather all of Greyson's lunches for the week in one place. It's always helpful for me to know what he ate one day to the next, so I can keep things fresh for him. One of the many, many wonderful things about his new school is that kids eat after recess and I am finding that it makes a world of difference in how well he eats. Here are the first official lunches of first grade:

It was a half day on Monday, so all he had to bring was a snack. I sent him to school with pineapple chunks and crackerwiches of Boursin cheese and cucumber. Cucumber wasn't such a hit. Still working on getting more veggies into lunches.
First full day of school!! Snack was half a granola bar, Veggie Booty and pineapple. Lunch was more crackerwiches, grape tomato kabobs, high-protein pretzels and yogurt pretzels.


Greyson's go-to lunch today: turkey dog sandwich, apples and half an oatmeal raisin cookie. Snack was grapes, watermelon and peanut butter filled-pretzels.











































I decided to bust out my Easy Lunchboxes today. I love how easy clean up is with these guys. Snack and lunch go in the same box. Today he had Nutella and peanut butter sandwiches, steamed baby carrots, grapes, half a granola bar, and more crackerwiches. This lunchbox came back COMPLETELY empty! But, Greyson said he was confused about what to eat for snack and worried he'd eat too much and not have enough for lunch. I'll have to give him more practice with this one.
Last lunch of the week: whole wheat raisin bread, strawberries, apples, mozzerella cheese balls, meatballs and Japanese seaweed cookies. Greyson finished all of his snack, but lunch was iffy. He said the only things he liked were the apples and the meatballs. What a waste of cheese balls, those are so expensive.

1 Comments:

Blogger bentobulous said...

It is amazing that Grey was worried about what to eat for snack. It would NEVER have crossed Cléa's mind. I suppose she is just like me. Live now, worry later. LOL I need those cake liners! And that giraffe fork!!! I feel a need to open a Daiso store here.

6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home