10 Months
Greyson is 10 months old today. My little boy has been in my life for 10 months, minus of course the time spent in utero. I think about the fact that it's been 10 months since I've slept in on a Saturday morning; 10 months since I've been able to wear a real bra; 10 months since I've been able to attend a Sunday morning service from beginning to end. There have been sacrifices and there have been challenges, but when I look at my son, I marvel. He is magnificent! People told me being a mom would be great, but it never clicked. No one could have prepared me for how much my baby occupies my heart.
Today, I had lunch with two of my dearest friends, Amy and Tin. It has been 10 months since the three of us have spent time alone together, just the girls. Amy was accompanied by her new daughter, Olivia, but I was Greyson-free and it was wonderful to hang out with my girlfriends like old times. It was precious and rare opportunity that we celebrated. It's amazing how much more I can concentrate when Greyson isn't around.
I think Greyson is on the cusp of crawling. He spends large amounts of time on his belly, rotating around, jiggling back and forth, not quite comprehending and yet slowly realizing the possibility of locomotion. Our nanny claims he crawls backwards. It's impossible to take a clear photo of him these days, he's constantly moving, flailing his arms about, yelling at the top of his lungs, nodding furiously, beating his chest..such a boy. His appetite has increased astronomically in the last couple of weeks, in keeping with his level of activity. We are on to blueberries, lentils, yogurt, peaches and cottage cheese. 10 months opens us up to the world of dairy, it's exciting. We are still on the path of weaning. This month we will go down to three feeds a day. I am still struggling with an overabundant milk supply that even my jumbo baby can't exhaust. My days of nursing with Greyson are numbered and I make it a point to enjoy every feed.
2 Comments:
Ahhh!!! He's so cute! :)
Roq should draw a cartoon about Greyson...he's so cute!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home