Expected Stresses

Well, it's definitely stress at it's peak. Without going into many boring details, this week has been trying and it is only Tuesday. Our open house is this weekend. Our house is spartan and uncomfortable. We are juggling appointments with various contractor's at our new house and trying to get the minor remodeling that we're planning on it's way. We are, on top of it all, still living life with all of it's requirements of work and Greyson. It is a loss-of-appetite-and-sleep kind of stress.
My greatest fear is not that we won't be able to sell our condo. I know we will. My greatest fear is having to move into a house that isn't ready. I don't want my son to be exposed to the dust and inconvenience of remodeling. God willing, we will be either done or at the tail end of it by move-in date. My poor little boy is already feeling the changes. The world at his level has changed dramatically. They took out our living room rugs and replaced them with thin, scratchy sisal ones. Greyson's loss of play area, albeit temporary, is felt by all of us, Roque, me, even the nanny. He's extremely clingy and wants to be carried a lot. I think it's unsettling for him, the strangers coming in and out all the time, the house being so different, and I'm sure he picks up on the stress level in us too. So much for trying to protect your children. There's only so much we can do.
Here are new photos of Greyson. He loves to watch the laundry, especially when Daddy sits next to him. He loves eating Cheerios with milk out of our bowl. He loves to read standing up. He has more and more opinons to share every day.


2 Comments:
Two notes - it's interesting how straight Greyson's back is compared to Roque's slouching (I'm sure you read these too Roq, so straighten up man!) and also, I love that in the reading photo Greyson looks to be saying "no pictures, please, I'm just trying to enjoy my book!" - being a kid now a days means having to deal with paparazzi practically...
Moving house is stressful..press on!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home