Greycinations

Monday, June 09, 2008

Conversations

I am still not used to how much Greyson is talking. You'd think I would be by now, but everyday, Roque and I have these moments when he says something and we're like, did he say ____? It's beyond words, colors, shapes, or counting, although he's still doing all of that. It has become full-fledged conversation.


Post-dinner
Sonia: All done, Bub?
Greyson: All done.
(Gets him out of high chair)
Sonia: Say "Thank you, Mommy"
Greyson: Dtu dtu, Mommy.
Sonia: You're welcome
Greyson: Whatever

Post-diaper change
Sonia: Good job, Grey, thanks for letting me change your diaper.
Greyson: I did it!

Post-fall
Sonia: Owie, Buddy? Are you ok?
Greyson: I'm ok.

Watching Papa pee.
Greyson: Booyah















These days, we love dress up, Big Bird, Elmo, cuddling under blankets, giving Simon treats, pumpkin and hummus+yogurt (we call this, "yummus"), riding the Muni with Nanny Michelle and doors, doors and more doors. Michelle taught him how to say "Open door" and "Close door" in Mandarin and he says it to anything that has any kind of "reveal" effect. In music class the other day, he held a castanet in his hand and as he opened and closed it, said thoughtfully, "Guan men (close door)"..."Kai men (open door)."

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

my favorite is booyah. i have never ever heard another kid say that.

7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He looks good & grown in these pictures. He 'speaks' early for his age. AhMah

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home