Greycinations

Friday, May 16, 2008

Short-Sleeved Wonder

We are in the middle of a heat wave. On Thursday, Grey and I were in Corte Madera, and it was 101 degrees. Yesterday it was in the 90s in San Francisco. These days are so few and far between in San Francisco, we try and take advantage of them by doing all the things we're never able to as San Francisco residents: sleep with the windows open, sit outside and eat dinner, and wear shorts. I had to rummage through more hand-me-downs from Ah Ee to find some shorts and tank tops for Greyson to wear. I love the way Greyson looks in shorts and a tank top. His legs look even lankier than usual and I was thrilled to see slight mounds of residual baby fat still hanging on to his exposed arms. Our baby has been looking so grown up to us lately. Tomorrow he will be exactly 22 months old. Where did all that time go?









The hot weather opens up a whole new world of activities for Greyson. In Corte Madera, I let him run through the many fountains at the mall so he could cool off. It was nice not having to worry about him getting soaked and catching a chill. We also got Greyson a new sand and water table and tried it out for the first time the other day when Amy brought Olivia over for a play date. It was loads of fun. Ollie just started walking and at one point the two of them were tottering around my living room, Ollie with a cell phone to her ear, and Greyson with Amy's keys in hand, trying to open the front door. I can still remember the day I was 8.5 months pregnant, about to take a leak at The Lovely Bump when Amy called and told me she was pregnant. How did all this time escape us?

After dinner, Greyson and I went back out to our back yard and lay on a picnic blanket to watch planes and read books. Unpleasant as this heat is at times, I know it won't be long before the fog returns. We have to enjoy it while it lasts.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah..a back-yard for a play-yard..just what growig kids need! 'Unclothed' Greyson looks GROWN! Happy Birthday grandson! - AhMah

7:19 AM  
Blogger tania choi said...

aren't you glad that i made you take the short sleeve shirts?
looks too cute. wish we were closer.
cheers,
chi

9:23 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I LOVE the look on Olivia & Greyson's face in the picture of her splashing. I stole these and put them on my blog! Thanks!

9:14 AM  
Blogger Binny said...

So... this is fetus Olivia! Where did the time go indeed!!!

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home