Last Day
Our son woke up his normal self today, calm and in good spirits. There is no apparent reason for his craziness yesterday. In fact, as he gets older, I find that there isn't always a reason for things like there used to be, for example teething or a growth spurt. Sometimes, Greyson just wakes up on the wrong side of the bed. He is his own person now, and just like us, he has good days and bad days. I can't wait till adolescence. God help us.



It was our last day in Tahoe today. We went out on a limb and rented a motorboat so we could go out on the water by ourselves. It was kind of scary, just because we had our son with us. If it was just Roque and myself, I doubt we would have been as concerned. Greyson wore a Spiderman life jacket the whole time, and he loved how the waves created his very own personal fountain at the back of the boat. Being out on the water was a completely different experience of Lake Tahoe and it was well worth the risk. Grey kept saying, "Boat! Boat!" Roque's favorite new word of Greyson's is "Addocaddo!" which means helicopter. We've seen a few of them out here.
I still can't get over how conversational Greyson is now. He understands things now, like really comprehends them, and can talk about stuff in a way he never did before. These days at bedtime, in addition to stories, I've also been doing a recap of the day; what we did and who we saw etc. He sits very still on my lap, and occasionally repeats a word, or a phrase, or laughs, but you can tell he's really thinking back on the day. It's weird. We also pray with him at bedtime, and the sequence when we put him down is: sleep sack, prayer, then kisses through the crib slats (this is a newer antic that we've played along with). Yesterday I forgot and knelt down for kisses before prayer, and he stopped me by saying, "Dear God?" Sorry. Roque's taught him how to say grace on his own too. Before each meal, we show him what we're eating and we say, "Let's say grace." Greyson goes, "Dear God (dear God), Tutu (thank you), for, ________ (he fill in the food on his own.) I savor every ounce of these baby conversations because I know with the mastery of every word, I am leaving my baby farther and farther behind. That gives me a dull ache inside that won't go away any time soon.

1 Comments:
What..venture out in a motor-boat? Aiyah..brave of both of you!! AhMah
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home