Greycinations

Monday, August 04, 2008

Music in the Air





















Music has become a requirement in our house and Music Together classes every Friday have proven a worthwhile expense. Every morning, after breakfast, we play Greyson's music class CD and he runs around our living and dining room singing. We usually play his cds on our kitchen stereo, but this particular morning, I played it on our stereo in the living room. Greyson's reaction was hysterical. He had never heard music from that stereo before and was completely fascinated by how music was coming out of the speakers on our tv stand. He got on his belly and stared mesmerized by the numbers on our stereo, yelling out the numbers as they ticked through each song. He put his face right up against the stereo, looking behind the speakers as if trying to find out where the sound could possibly be coming from. Coupled with some new pajamas, it made for some memorable photos.

We have made some strides since the unforgettable "Mommy GO!" incident. Greyson still likes to have alone time with his nanny before his nap. Now when I go in there (yes, a sucker for punishment, I know), he says, "Bye Bye, Mommy" or today, he said, "Mommy outside." It's not great, but it's more palatable then being screamed out the room. We've also been reading "Words are Not for Hurting" together, which I think he's really getting. On a daily basis, I find it amazing how much Greyson understands. Today I told him to go turn a toy off that he'd left out in the living room. He didn't want to and said, "No! Mommy, outside, Baby Tad, off." I said, "No, you go do it yourself." Whining a little, he went as I hollered after him, "It's on his foot!" referring to the on/off switch. He came running back with a pleased look on his face and said, "Grey Grey, Baby Tad, off!" Amazing.

Our thanks to all our friends and fellow mothers that have expressed condolences about the discontinuation of Greyson's Wooly. I am informed that my mother has a camp of Greyson fans and blog-readers in Singapore that trying to find him, in hopes that stock has not been depleted there. A mother's gratitude has no bounds. Thank you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the pj the child wears. Think there're plenty here in Spore..like us to buy a few & take along when we visit in Oct? What size ah?? He looks good - tall & charming!

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home