Greycinations

Monday, July 14, 2008

They're Here!










Lola and Lolo are here!
Roque's parents came to celebrate his second birthday with him and we are absolutely thrilled to have them. They arrived on Saturday and even though Greyson hasn't seen them since November last year, there was no warm up time between them. We got home from the airport, and right away he and Lolo were goofing around on the bed.
Greyson has such a special place in his heart for his grandfathers, both Lolo and Gong Gong. Even now, whenever he sees the family picture on our wall, my dad is always the first person he singles out.

Already, Greyson has been showered with an abundance of presents from a new bath toy, to schnazzy new threads from Janie and Jack, to a new pair of leather shoes. It's funny how when people give gifts to your children, you feel like you've been the recipient yourself. I know I sound like such a mother when I say that, but it's so true. Oh and the attention... so much attention. Greyson is soaking it all up and squishing it between his toes. He loves his Lola and Lolo, running up to them and giving them hugs and kisses, asking for them all the time from the moment he wakes up in the morning. It's amazes me that in a couple of days, it seems like he's already figured out that they're family. I try and explain to him; "Lola is Papi's Mommy, and Lolo is Papi's Papi." He listens very intently, absorbing quietly.

Here's a sequence of photos I took of my two favorite guys watching tv. I shot these in succession and I was cracking up at all the poses Greyson was giving me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to 15th Ave, Lola & Lolo! Enjoy our dear precocious grandson..is'nt he a darling?!
AhMah & Gong2
Singapore

4:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home