Lola and Lolo...Home.
It will be a week tomorrow since Lola and Lolo left. Greyson misses them enormously. He seems to understand that they aren't here anymore and he doesn't ask for them. However, at least once a day, he'll say with some sadness, "Lola and Lolo...home." I know he thinks of them all the time. Yesterday I was driving with Greyson in the back seat, doing my usual commentary, and all of a sudden he said, "Lolo and Lola...home." Just tonight, while we were putting him to bed, he said it again, "Lolo and Lola..home." We've done webcam once with Mom and Dad since they left. It brought tears to my eyes to see how excited he was to see their faces. It must be so hard for him to understand how they can be so present in his every day one moment, then completely gone the next.I wish there was a way that we could make the world smaller so that loved ones didn't have to be so far away. I grew up in Singapore where the farthest anyone was to one another was 30 minutes away. Every Saturday, uncles, aunts and cousins would congregate at my grandmother's house on Clementi Road to watch the latest sappy Chinese soap opera over dinner. I know what it means to have extended family. America, however, is so immense. People grow up in one city, then move to another to live, and then another to grow old in. It is very different from the way I was raised, and my heart aches for what Greyson will never experience. Lola and Lolo, Greyson misses you guys more than he has words to say. Thank you for coming to visit us. We hope to see you again soon.







1 Comments:
Bless thee both for appreciating the preciousness of grandparents..gift to Greyson as much as the grandchild to the grandparents. Quote: " Grandchildren are a renewal of life, insuring the future & echoing the past. They're the reflections of our children, our parents & us."
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home