Greycinations

Friday, October 24, 2008

They're Here

















As always, when my parents are here, I slack off on the blog, which is awful because I know that other loved ones check up on Greyson too, and I'm sorry it's been so long since they've had an update. My parents have been here, together, for a week (my dad came a week earlier than my mom did) and we have been enjoying lots of wonderful family time, not just with them, but with my sister and her family as well. It was January the last time my folks were here, Greyson had just learned his alphabet phonetically, and was just starting to walk. Now, he sings songs, runs, jumps and talks incessantly. So much has changed. My mom keeps commenting on the breadth of his vocabulary. It's like he's been eavesdropping on us for the last six months and only now are we finding it out.

Greyson likes to talk in sentences now, and constantly cracks us up with commentary. Two latest acquisitions are "both" and "only." He'll say, "Mama, no rice, only spinach." When Roque comes home, he'll ask him to run with him by saying, "Papi, both running?" Yesterday, I gave him some pumpkin at dinner. He took a bite, wrinkled his nose and said, "No taste good!" One of his latest things is that everything looks like a raisin. He'll pick up a rock and say, "Mummy, look like a raisin!" Last night I was at a restaurant, and I made a passing comment to him about watching out for the corner of the table. He stopped for just a second, looked at me thoughtfully and said, "Careful corner hit head."

Here's a video of Greyson and his cousins playing with their Gong Gong. We are so thankful that Gong Gong is so healthy, strong and able-bodied to play with his grandchildren the way he does. It is no small feat to lift a 32-pound 2-year-old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home