Letter for Mom
Dear Mom,For me, one of the greatest things about becoming a mother, has been how much it's deepened our relationship. Until you choose to become one yourself, it's impossible to truly comprehend the depth of a mother's love for her child. Sometimes I feel like my love for Greyson consumes me. I can still remember the first moment I thought to myself, "Wow, I would really throw my life in front of a truck to save this human being." I can't control it, or contain it. It is inexhaustible, elastic, and infinite. It is the same force that brings you halfway around the world twice a year to see us, that propels you to do what you do for me and Jie, that consumes you to pray for us as much as you do.
I was reminded of an excerpt from the post "Mommy Myopia" today.
"When Greyson was born, my mom came and stayed with us for two months. One day we were leaving to bring Greyson to the doctor's. I was hobbling around the house trying to pack his bag and make sure we had everything for him. She was hobbling after me nagging me to drink the bowl of black bean soup she'd made me on the kitchen counter. It was aggravating, and at the time, I was less than appreciative. All I could see was Greyson, I didn't have space in my brain for anyone or anything else. I finally snapped and said, "You know what, Mom, I have to get stuff ready Greyson right now ok? The last thing on my mind is eating that bowl of soup. It is not important to me right now." She replied hotly, "But as your mother, it's important to me." I understand that now. ... It is a waterfall of mothering that cascades from one generation to the next."
Even though I'm a mother now, it's so nice to know that I will always be your little girl. Happy Mother's Day. I love you.
Son

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home