Greycinations

Saturday, March 07, 2009

A New Bed and Other News








There are so many things to update about Greyson, it's hard to know where to begin. For starters, we're beginning Greyson's transition to a big boy bed. He is not anywhere close to being ready to saying goodbye to his crib, but we thought we'd get it to have around in the house and build some positive experiences. Right now, it's our new place to read books.
We snuggle up under blankets and read, sometimes for an hour straight. It's really nice to have that third room become a functional space. Small as it is, it's bright and cozy, and Greyson loves hanging out in there. It doesn't look like much now, but I can't wait for the day I can really decorate it.






Greyson loves to cook. When I make pancakes or waffles in the morning, he gets up on a chair and loves to help me stir the batter. He'll stick his whole face in to smell the vanilla. Baking is one of my favorite things we do together. The other day we made oatmeal raisin cookies for his nanny, Michelle. She loves walnuts, so we wanted to make her a batch without raisins. We had so much fun. Greyson was up on his chair watching my every move. He stirred the flour while I mixed everything up, then scooped little balls of cookie dough onto the cookie sheets. After we'd put our first batch in, I added a little more flour to a bowl, added some water, raisins and red food coloring, and let him play with it. He loved it. Everything is a giant science experiment with toddlers. Yesterday I found him pulling pieces of fibre out of our living room rug, so he could carefully place them next to his book on the tv stand, open his book, and then watch the fibres fly into the air as he slams the book shut. He was laughing his head off the whole time. Weirdo.



Other fantastic news: he seems to have gotten over his egg allergy! Yay! Michelle and I have been giving him little bits of egg here and there and we started noticing that he wasn't getting any hives. We got increasingly bolder, and now, he'll have a little scrambled eggs in the morning and he'll be fine. It's made a huge difference when we bake because now I let him lick the spoon or taste the cookie dough. I never dared let him do that before because of his egg allergy. We're taking it slow, but I think we're slowly approaching the clear.

Of course, there are always new words and new phrases every day. The most recent thing is when you ask him a question now, before he answers he'll go, "Uhhhh." So if I say, "Greyson do you want some water?" He'll say, "Uhhh....no." "Do you want to read this book?" "Uhhhhhh...yeah." It's as if he really has to think about these important decisions. People keep saying boys aren't verbal like little girls are. Mine must be the exception. Greyson talks all the time. It's exhausting sometimes, and endless entertainment at others. We just put up these animal stickers all over our glass patio doors. Every day, he rattles to me the names of the animals on there, "Mama, lantern fly! It's not moving. It's a sticker." (Duh. I was the one who told him that.) "Mama, that' a sloth! He's hanging on the monkey bars." "Mama, gecko talking (to) tarantula!"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just so fast he grows! A 'full-blown' bed to himself..his hands in cooking @ the kitchen top! In height, he has grown! AhMah

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home