So I Don't Forget.
Everyday Greyson makes me laugh with things that he says. I think I must say to myself at least more than once a day, "I have to write that down." We are in the age of learning, and it's just adorable, the things that fly out of his mouth. I love that he still says "You" for "I". It's almost impossible to correct him on that. For example:
Greyson: "You (I) like the wind!"
Me: "Oh, you like the wind?" Wait. Strike that.
Here are some memorable moments of the week
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Greyson was insisting the he get out on the left side of the car instead of the right. His car seat is in the middle of the back seat, and I wanted him to get out on the right so I didn't have to walk all the way around to the left side of the car to let him out.
"Just get out on that side, Greyson." I said.
"No, no, no! Left side, ONLY left side!" He started to whine.
Completely exasperated, I walked around my car and open the door for him on the left side. As he's climbing out of the car seat, he starts explaining with righteous indignation.
"That side has stuff, this side has no stuff!" He says, pointing to the right side of his back seat that is strewn with his jacket, books and other crap.
"Huh?" I say, confused for a second, then "Oh" and then start laughing.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Greyson loves to read letters, anywhere he can find them, on a box, on a bottle, on the pavement. The other day, he picked up his T-shirt and read,
"G-A-P!" He said.
"What's that say, Grey Grey?" I asked.
"Shirt!" He pronounced.
I was in line paying at Bed, Bath Beyond, and he started reading the letters on the shopping cart.
"Mama, S-H-O-P-O-N-L-I-N-E!" he read, then declared triumphantly, "Shopping Cart!"
When do you grow out of thinking everything in life is labeled?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I walked into Greyson's room to get him after his nap. I had just had a very unsuccessful zit-popping session so I had a dab of zit cream on my forehead. Greyson looked at me and said, "Ma has a booger on the head."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
We were driving in the car and listening to music. It was a newer cd and some of the songs weren't familiar. Greyson was quietly listening and then suddenly he said,
"You (I) don't know this song." Wait, did you just sound like a regular person?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ma, you (I) can jump ALL DAY LONG!" I have no idea who taught him that. It must be our Mandarin-speaking nanny.

1 Comments:
This dear child is very thinking & articulating. He possesses a large vocabulary; he speaks well for his age. His ear for languages/dialect & music..very acute & accurate. Thank the Giver for the gifts! AhMah
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home