Greycinations

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Krispy Kreme Initiation
















Today Greyson had his first donut. It all began this morning when we were reading a Curious George book and we came upon a spread that had a picture of George spilling a box of donuts on the floor. Donuts littered the page, and Greyson was so enamored at the sight. So, after dinner, we decided to take him on a little field trip to Krispy Kreme. It was a hit. He absolutely loved watching the donuts come down the conveyer belt, get flipped in the oil and then go into the creamy "waterfall" and come out white. He kept laughing whenever a donut got flipped. We let him pick a mini doughnut with colorful sprinkles on it, and he relished every bite.

It's so much fun having kids. The simplest things become an adventure. People say it all the time, but truly, seeing the world through your child's eyes is pure magic. I've been to that Krispy Kreme dozens of times, but today, hearing Greyson's laughter light up the room, I felt like I was seeing those donuts for the first time. It made my day. In this video, you can see an "I Love Vermont" button on Greyson's jacket. We got it when we were walking around downtown one day at a street fair. He walked past a huge board covered with buttons, at his eye level. He was so excited about them, I let him pick one to buy. Of all the happy faces, dogs and cats that were there, he chose "I Love Vermont." I was really amused by how quickly he made his choice and then how unmovable he was about it. We've never even been to Vermont. Someday he'll visit Vermont for the first time and I'll tell him this story.



My parents always say Greyson's laughter is so contagious, and I couldn't agree more. He has his own sense of humor, and even though at times he's the only one cracking up, it never seems to diminish his amusement. Today he was playing with Gong Gong's magnets again. He gets lots of mileage from that toy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WE BOTH JUST FOUGHT! (worse than kids dO) !! I want to read the blog first..the eager kid-gong2 only wants to see his grandson in action...urghhh!!

11:28 PM  
Blogger eeleen said...

chi chi... happy belated bday! :)

(well, to you and me both...)

you'll always be the cuz with the same birthday. hope everyone is well, and greygrey is so sweet.

love,
ling

1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home