Greycinations

Friday, October 22, 2010

Life with iPhone

I have to admit, I love my iPhone. Roq had been encouraging me to get one since he got his. I am the Keeper of the memories since I have the kids all the time, and unfortunately, my days of carrying a camera around are far behind me. I don't have a spare finger to scratch my nose, let alone press "record" on a Flip. So I finally got one, and it truly has changed my life. The most significant changes are doing Facetime with my dad in Singapore, entering the realm of the text message (yes, world, I am a texter now), being able to text my mom, and uploading videos onto Youtube wirelessly. On a daily basis, it's the little things. Little snapshots of us that I text to Roque give him glimpses of my day that warm his heart, and in a weird way, make me feel less alone. There are some days, my iPhone is my only connection to adult life and that is huge. Here are some memories that I've collected over the past few weeks.









Ching Chong Adventure

One day, after I picked Grey up from school, I took him to Irving Street with me to do a grocery run. We stopped at Sheng Kee for a coconut roll and then to a market to get some veggies.



















Costco

Took the kids to Costco the other day. Greyson was super sleepy, he's still adjusting to no-nap life (yeah, that's worth a post all on it's own), so I grabbed this giant plush tiger and stuffed it in my cart so he could be comfy while I shopped. We saw this incredible thing: a Hello Kitty gumball machine, two of Greyson's loves in one.

















Afternoon At The Park

Some days, and I mean some, being alone with two kids feels normal, almost doable. This was one of those days. After Ella's nap, I packed the kids up and took them to the playground. It was a really foggy day, but by the time I realized the fog was rolling in, I had already promised Greyson we were going, so off we went. It was a lovely time. Greyson is increasingly able to play on his own and it's made a huge difference in our time together. I took a bunch of shots so Roque could "be there."










Nap Time At The Beach

It was Greyson's first official day without naps. At 2pm, I took him to Crissy Fields, just him and me. I don't think we've ever been out at that hour with him, so it was quite a change. Great mother I am, I forgot to bring sand toys. All I had was a yogurt cup and a plastic spoon, and then I found an empty Coke bottle. He had a blast scooping sand into the bottle with his little spoon. Kids don't need much.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, little moments captured; little joy enjoyed!Thank God for i-Phone! We also got!!

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home