Greycinations

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Joy-Ful Days

Sometimes they're nerve-gratingly hard, sometimes they're blissfully wonderful, but I treasure my days with my darling girl. In January she starts preschool, and I will lose one of the two days we spend together during the week. She is growing and changing in strides, and every day she does something new and different. Yesterday she sat on the couch with her new lap desk, writing letters and said she was doing 'homework'. Today I have a cold, and when I coughed, she mimicked me and made me laugh. I just love these days. I know once she takes her first step into the big, bad world, her life will change. These are her last few months Mama's safe cocoon. Today we had to run an errand and we parked in front of a laundromat she likes to visit. Ella loves to watch the clothes go round and round in a mesmerizing swirl of suds. I took this video and it just captures so perfectly everything about her; her curiousity, her sense of wonder, her quirkiness, her affection. I just love this girl to bits.



Another video to put in the memory bank, Ah Ma and Ella being silly in the car. When she was here, I felt like someone saw and understood my struggles as a mom and a wife. When she was here, I didn't feel invisible. I miss my mom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home