Chinese New Year
![]() |
| We were so taken aback we weren't prepared with cameras so a good friend sent us photos. Thankfully we at least captured videos. |
It is Lunar New Year. Our new school held a Chinese New Year banquet celebration banquet and the Chinese Language Program students performed a host of items from lion dances, to fan dances, to vocal performances, to Kung Fu, to an orchestral piece. To be very honest, we did not plan to attend. But, Greyson was very insistent that we had to because he was "playing the drums." Roque and I thought he'd just be thumping a steady beat throughout. So when the curtain opened, and the kids delivered this amazing orchestral arrangement, Roque and I were completely floored. Our jaws were on the ground watching our boy so committed to his task, and executing every beat with such precision. He was so proud to belong to something and clearly had a blast. I have never seen him so excited to be a part of something.
This school just never ceases to amaze me. At the end, our principal and the pastor gave each of the children and lollipop and a red packet each containing a quarter. The Chinese teachers poured their hearts and souls into rehearsing these kids and giving them ownership of each contribution. I left that night with my heart so full of awe at the way God can do above and beyond all we ask or think. Two years ago I was fighting my way into a public school. And now I know, we were never supposed to be there. Greyson is where he was meant to be and thriving, growing, loving learning and excelling. I couldn't ask for more. And yet, He found a way to give it.


1 Comments:
We watched them 'growing' in the water! They sure
enjoy the swim!
Come back soon to CasuarinaCove Condo to swim to
hearts' content!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home