Graduation


I have very reluctantly begun giving Greyson his own spoon and bowl. The idea is that even though he does not have the coordination to feed himself right now, that we give him the room to explore his developmental skills. It is messy, clumsy, awkward and oh-so-cute. It is a little dance of scoop-the-food, fill-the-spoon, catch-the-glob, tilt-the-spoon, catch-the-glob (repeat). He is doing fabulously. I admit I would much rather feed him without his participation, but it's important for him to feel he can do it himself. He loves watching me prepare his food. In the last month, Greyson has torn through all the beginner foods, and is happily enjoying "advanced" menu selections such as chicken and peas. I enjoy planning his meals and making sure he has all the balanced nutrition possible from so limited a range of foods. The other day I gave him Chicken with Apricots, California fusion style. I've even started seasoning his food with herbs like cinnamon and nutmeg. The child will drink dishwater if I fed it to him.

1 Comments:
He enjoys his meals..a good thing!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home