Week to Week

Increasingly vocal. Deliberately opinionated. Continuously giant. Constantly adorable.


Greyson just keeps growing and changing. I'm with him everyday and he still surprises me with a new face, a new sound, or a new gurgle. The other day, he was doing this wrinkled-nose-with-grin face. It was crazy cute. He is louder and louder every day. The kid doesn't have a thought in this brain that he doesn't express. He cries very little, most of the time he just hollers. He complains loudly, and he laughs just as heartily. Feeding him solids is one of my favorite times of the day now. He eats twice a day; for breakfast he usually has oatmeal and either pureed apricots, mashed bananas or some mashed avocado. For lunch, he'll have either peas or sweet potato with rice cereal. He sits like a little newscaster, his hand folded neatly, opening his mouth eagerly spoonful after spoonful. My son is a joy to feed.
We have dropped a nursing feed, which I am still grieving. He only nurses 4 times a day now. He doesn't need his late night feed anymore. He now goes to bed at around 7 and sleeps all the way until 7 the next morning. I'm thankful to have an inch of freedom returned, but I miss him when 10:30pm comes around. When I put him to bed at 7, I am sad I won't see him until a whole twelve hours later. Yet, when he wakes me up chirping in the morning, I roll over and wish for sleep. That's motherhood, a bundle of contradictory emotions.


1 Comments:
Aiyoh..he's a cute2 boy!His physique..like his mommy in her growing years. Just outstandingly adorable!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home