Two Book Minimum
My solid-consuming, sitting-up-able, sippy-cup-holding baby has installed a two-book minimum during nap times and bedtime. I noticed it yesterday when I was putting him down for the night. He was so tired, I thought I'd deliver the "half-book" version of "Goodnight Moon" and then call it an evening. I read to him, and turned out the light to sing "Jesus Loves the Little Greyson" like I do every night just before I bring him to his crib and put him down. Last night, as soon as the light went out he wailed! At first I couldn't figure out what the problem was. On a hunch, I turned the light back on and he immediately stopped. I pulled out another book, read that to him, turned the light out again and this time, he was happy as a clam.During his morning nap today, the same exact thing happened. I read him "Goodnight Moon", turned off the light, he fussed immediately, I turned it back on, read him "Moo, Baa, La La La", turned out the light again, sang to him, and then put him down. No problems.
So we are apparently required to read a minimum of two stories before bed now, instead of one. I underestimated how much Greyson loves to read. I'm thankful that for a first opinion-oriented demand, that at least it's educational. I just can't get over how my tiny swaddled human packet turned into this squirmy, loud-mouthed little man in so short a time.

1 Comments:
Amazing..he really knows mom cheated on the no of books read!Tsk..tsk!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home