It's Official
We're live. It's official. Roque and I are heavy-hearted. Seeing our beautiful condo staged and professionally photographed, makes us wonder why we're we're leaving. When I look at it now, I feel that it was all worth it. My nights of agonization over paint chips, furniture choices, designs of the office––they all paid off. I am fiercely proud of this place. Even with some of our furnishings gone, so much of us is still there. Our $25.00 silk lantern over the dining set that Arvin and I carried on our backs, our Pottery Barn armoire, our Salvation Army red chair, our Craig's list freebie of an office chair, our Target desk, our Room and Board bed, our $50.00 Dutalier glider.... a delicately woven tapestry of splurges, bargains and stories that make this place our own. I have to remind myself that we bring all of these things with us to our new house (with the exception of my built-in office.) Still, I will never forget this place, and I will miss it enormously. This is where we brought Greyson home. This was our first home. This is where we went from two, to three.

2 Comments:
Wow, your place looks gorgeous! Can't wait to see the new house, and to welcome you to the neighborhood!
aw...this even makes me sad! So many meals eaten and served around that island! All the furniture will come with you guys to the new (closer!) place - so can't be sad about that! It looks so different though, without the buffet, the Simon stuff, the Greyson stuff - all of the little things that make it yours. You're pride in this condo is well placed, and will become pride in the new house. Bigger changes to be involved in, more space to design (and love). Deep breath - this space will bring great memories and the next people to inhabit it. And be proud, they will be purchasing YOUR design savvy!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home