A Normal Day
It's 11:oo am in the morning, and Greyson and I are alone at home. I don't remember the last time I was home at this time. The last few weeks have been a form of busyness that has been consuming. Every morning has been a mad rush to get out of the house, either to meet a contractor, do some house-related errand, send Roque to work or evacuate for a showing. This morning was the first time in a long time that I just hung out in my pajamas, nibbled through breakfast, and puttered peacefully around what will still be my home for the next three weeks. The stagers came this morning and "destaged". It is officially ours again. The first thing we did when we got an offer, was remove the staged, sisal rug and reinstate Grey's play rug. What a difference a good rug makes when your child is a crawler. No more broken remotes, scratched knees and bumped heads. We are so thankful to have our home back. I am languishing in my freedom to mess, deliberately littering the house with toys, clothes, and dishes, just because I can. It's an incredible feeling.


Greyson is his usual fabulous self. These days it seems like he's turned up the cute factor on himself. Roque and I just can't get enough of him. I think we're in a twilight between the first year and toddlerdom, when we're past the major adjustments, our baby is still our baby and hasn't yet become the challenger of wills that I'm sure he will be. He's learning new things every day. Latest idiosyncrasies: he's figured out how to crawl with Wooly. It's endearing and also kind of gross because he basically crawls all over the house, around Simon's litter, into bathrooms, mopping our floors with poor Wooly. He's also figured out how to go get Wooly from his crib on his own. He pulls up, pushes the bumper down and pulls Wooly through the slats. He's also developed a newfound predilection for blankets. In the mornings, he romps around in our bed, throwing himself face down in our comforter, squealing and laughing. He's learning to put things "into" containers, where before he was just maniacal about emptying things; baskets, my diaper bag, recycling bags of trash. Yesterday while he was feeding himself dinner, he started picking up food from the table and putting them "in"to his Bjorn bib, and then eating it from there.



Today was the worst bed head day on record. I decided to spend my first "normal" day giving Greyson a hair cut. Here are the before and after photos. I'm still getting the hang of the clippers, but I think I'm making progress.

2 Comments:
Finally! Geesh!
I wonder if that box that Greyson's sitting in was ever intended to be a childs play thing - I mean it says right on it that it was intended for multiple uses. Nice work with the clippers! One day - one day - Ollie will have hair that I can cut!
He looks well, well-built, well-cut..he's growing well..thank God for this precious Grey2!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home