Greycinations

Friday, November 30, 2007

Apples, Babies and Fresh Air










Today, my friend Martina and I took our boys to the Golden Gate Park for a field trip. We met at the Botanical Gardens at 9am and walked for two hours. We ended up on the greens at the De Young Museum and the kids got to play around with the sculptures that were there. It was literally a breath of fresh air and much needed Mommy connection time for me. With Xiaoling on vacation until the end of December, I am hard pressed for things to do with Greyson. With his increasing mobility, having him be at home all day is a challenge. He's at an age where he needs to go out, get his energy out, come home tired, and take a nap. At least that's what I need him to do.

After his nap, he was cranky and obnoxious. I spent 45 minutes coaxing him to eat lunch, only to have him vomit it all up in a coughing fit. After cleaning up, I was so exhausted I brought him down to the den, closed the baby gate, and fell asleep on the couch for almost 20 min with him just playing on the floor below me. I'd wake up periodically and see him reading quietly, or talking to himself with a toy. When I woke up, the room looked like it'd exploded on with toys, but I was so grateful to my little guy for giving his Mommy some rest. The den is one of his favorite rooms in the house. I think it's because it's smaller and we can't be very far from him. I've noticed that as long as I am no more than 7 feet away, my child is self-amusing and content. Exceed that radius and you get needy, whiny, grab-at-your-knees, pull-down-your-pants Greyson.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

babies and giant fruit = cute pictures!

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home