Favorite Spot




Standing on our red chair and watching the bus go by is Greyson's all-time favorite pastime these days. He's learning to climb up onto it by himself and getting really good at it physically. Although mentally he still needs to be convinced. He'll look at me, brows furrowed and whining, and insist I come over and help him up, when really all he needs is a knee prop. He practices all day long. Climbing down is still a challenge. We're teaching him the concept of "Feet first!" and he's quickly getting the hang of it. I'm constantly amazed by how fast he learns. He's so familiar with the scene outside. The moment he hears the hum of the passing bus, he immediately heads for the chair to catch a glimpse of it.
Out of lunch ideas for us today, we headed to Greyson's favorite restaurant, Boston Market. He eats so well there, downing big chunks of chicken and spoonfuls of creamed spinach and corn. We had so much fun, just me and my boy. I still remember those early days when leaving the house with him in his little Graco Snugride was such an ordeal. It took so much courage and planning. How things change, a little more of a year has gone by and now I've found a lunch buddy in my son.
Grey Grey had his 15-month check up yesterday. He weighs 28lbs 2.5 oz and is 33 inches long. I call him the Biggest Asian Baby in America, being in the 97th percentile for height and 90th for weight. We are completely befuddled where his height is coming from, both of us being no taller than 5' 8". It makes me wonder what his statistics would be in Singapore. He'd make the papers, I know it. I look forward to when I'm old and bent, and my dashing middle-aged son will tower over his little momma and take care of her.

2 Comments:
love reading about him again.
i am so glad you're writing again. have missed hearing about him.
check all the time.
love chi
Aiyoh..this 'soon' Greyson is on his feet, firmly planted on the favourite chair, upright at his favourite spot to 'see the world' outside! Was'nt too long ago, AhMah had to hold him firm at this same spot while he viewed the world outside, on his jelly little feet!!
Grandchildren grow too fast!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home