Greycinations

Monday, February 18, 2008

Last Days








Last few days with Ah Ma and Gong Gong. It is sad to think about how long it will be till Greyson sees them again. I have a throwaway photo album that I put lots of family group shots in. Greyson loves to have me name each and every person in the photo. It's an exercise he never tires of. I tell him who's Ah Ma, Gong Gong, Ah Ee (my sister) and Uncle Noch Noch. When my folks first came, I tried to get him to see the connection between the pixel and person, but it didn't seem to register. Today, I pulled it out again and pointed saying, "Who's that Grey Grey?"... to which he excitedly responded "Ah Ma!", "And who's that, Greyson?"... "Gong Gong!" They're real now.








We've been making trips down to Palo Alto to spend time together at my sister's. It's nice to see Greyson with his cousins. It's nice to remember he has them so close by. Greyson loves balls, and enjoys throwing them around with his Gong Gong. The most amazing thing happened on our way home. We left Palo Alto a little late, but still technically in time to get home for Greyson's midday nap. Our little boy fell alseep in the car on our way home. The last time Greyson fell asleep in the car was last August when my mom was here, and she had just witnessed him pulling up to standing for the first time. The time before that was when he was jet lagged in Singapore. My son never falls asleep in the car unless he is inordinately tired, and even then, has never been 'transferable' ie. once the car stops, he's up and won't go back to sleep. Today was an anomaly. We got home, decided not to leave him asleep in the car although we now can (yay, our own garage!), and chose instead to see if he could be transferred to his crib and continue sleeping. He woke up when I carried him out, but after we got him into bed, shoes off, Grobag zipped, he turned over and went back to sleep. I was thrilled. A heartened cry of encouragement to all mothers out there... kids change. Who knows, maybe someday he'll be a soft-spoken heavy sleeper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home