A Huge Enormous "Gou Gou"!

I have never considered myself a parent susceptible to extravagant and ridiculous purchases, but I came very close today. We were in Costco and just for fun, I put this behemoth of a plush dog in our cart for Greyson to play with while we were there. The beast was 2 feet tall and 5 feet long. Greyson absolutely loved him. He kept repeating it after me, "A huge eNOmos 'gou gou'!!!" ('gou gou' is Mandarin for dog). He kissed it, snuggled against it, hugged it... it was such a sight. People walking by our cart were laughing and smiling at our already giant boy, surrounded by this gargantuan dog. The look of pure delight on his face was just unforgettable. He was completely in awe. I was ready to put down the $49.99 to take that puppy home with us, had it not been for my reasonable and moderate husband who gave Greyson a five minute notice, wheeled him back to where the dog was, had him give him a big kiss and say goodbye. I couldn't even watch, it broke my heart. Greyson on the other hand didn't even fuss. We'll see, maybe I'll surprise them both on Christmas morning.


1 Comments:
Too e-no-mous lah!! But maybe turn into a good resting 'chair'! AhMah
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home