Greycinations

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Chatty Charlie

I'm sure every parent thinks this of their kid, but I swear, the things that come out of Greyson's mouth are priceless. Of late, he's become increasingly articulate at voicing his opinions, and it's been super clear when it comes to food. When he ate his first bite of cake yesterday, he said, "Scrumptious!" We were in a bakery once and Greyson went up to the glass case, pointed at a cookie with M & Ms on it and said, "Eat it, this one, colors cookie!" Today in the car on our way home, he told me, "Mama, eat lunch. No chicken and rice (what we ate yesterday). Only corn and spinach. (those are his favorite sides at Boston Market)" Excuse me, Mama is not a waitress.

Standing in line to check out groceries has become a hazard. At TJ's the other day, he pulled out a box of jelly beans (which he has
never tasted) and he said, "Eat it, this one...Bean!" I think it's really funny to see him start to comprehend the world of retail. He's beginning to understand that the things we see in a store, are an option to take home with us, if Mama "pays" for it. He's started to ask, "Bring Gou Gou (it was a plush dog)...Grey Grey's car?" We always say "no" firmly, and then lead him back to the respective shelf to return the item. So far, I've never had a tantrum, but I'm sure that day will come.

The other day, Greyson ate something pre-packaged that had egg in it. We were on a walk when he broke out in hives. He was really agitated and kept saying, "Itchy! Itchy! Put lotion!!" I didn't have any on me, so we ran into a Rite Aid close by to get some. Greyson ran up to a shelf in the lotion section, picked a tube, handed it to me, and said, "This one!" It's nice to have him be able to verbalize when he's not feeling well. It's even better when he helps find a cure. I couldn't stop laughing.

Here's an old video I forgot to post of Greyson mowing the grass with Papa.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

His vocal skills developing by leaps & bounds..PTL! AhMah

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home