Home Again




Back in San Francisco after a two weeks in Singapore. We are exhausted, jet-lagged, relieved to be on the ground, and yet, incredibly homesick. Leaving Singapore has always been difficult for me. Seeing my parents get smaller and smaller as I walk away, has always been a sight that brings a sob to my throat. As if it were possible, this time it was so much harder. Greyson was knowing, aware and yet, his same rambunctious self as we said goodbye. He gave kisses and hugs, cast longing looks as we walked away, but still managed to jump up and down to get a last reaction from Gong Gong. He said, "Gong Gong..come...San Francisco? Bring Ah Ma?" He asked for them over and over, even though he knew they were back in Singapore.It has been simply heartbreaking to see how much he's been thinking of them since our return. Last night, we were all up in the middle of the night. We called Ah Ma, and Greyson was thrilled to hear her voice. "I love you!" he said to her. It brought me to tears. When we went back to sleep, we brought him into bed with us, something we did when we were in Singapore when we were getting over jet lag there. My anti-cuddly son, is super snuggly now. He likes to snuggle at bedtime, and listen to stories, or go over our day. He'll say, "Mama talk to Grey Grey." So last night, I talked about our time in Singapore, all the things we did, people we saw, where we went. "And..and..and..Ee-poh (my aunt)!!! And...and..and..Sini (my grandma's maid)!" he'd interject. Getting over jet lag is so much less fun here when there's no one to look forward to in the morning. I miss my parents.
I meant to keep up with the blog while I was gone, but my parents had splotchy, sloth-like internet at their home, and it was painful to surf let alone upload any photographs. I did put together an entry here and there, and I will post those with their accompany photos over the next few weeks.

2 Comments:
we missed you in singapore. somehow knowing you were with family made us homesick : ) loved the picture.
glad you're home.
Parting is never easy..we miss you folks around..alot..alot! Sigh! Incurable, sentimental AhMah.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home