As My Mother Would Say: Captured Moments
Greyson learned our names recently. He loves to say our names, and he'll point to a Mom and a Dad in books and say, "Sonia! Roque!" It is quite weird to hear it. He also learned his middle name, and it's so heartwarming to hear him say his full name: Greyson Matthew Ballesteros.
Every Thursday morning, I have Women's Bible Study at my church and Greyson goes to Sunday School. The women there love him. Every time I pick him up, they regale me with tales of funny things he does or says. Apparently, when they change his diaper, he thanks them; "Thank you, Marguerita, changing Grey Grey's diaper." When they told me that I was like, "What?" He's certainly never thanked me. I guess charity can begin some place other than home. Last week, they sent us home with a doggie cookie on a stick and Greyson was beside himself with excitement to eat it. I let him have an ear a day, and then the face. Whenever I said that was enough cookie for the day, he'd say, "Kiss!" and then kiss the dog on it's nose goodbye.
Greyson drew an "O" yesterday! Roque just barely captured it on video, but we were so excited that he wrote his first letter. This isn't a great video of what happened, but it's something.
Last but not least, I found this old video and I just had to post it for posterity. Greyson was 21 months old, and I just love the way he said "yed" instead of "red". It saddens me that I'll never hear that baby talk again. This was back when he didn't ever say "yes", he just said "Mm." Now he says "yeah" all the time. It's just all too grown up for me. I miss my baby already.

1 Comments:
Yes, moments captured indeed! The Gong2 thinks he has grown since home fr Singapore..we miss Greyson Matthew Ballesteros!!
AhMah
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home