Above and Beyond
Our new nanny is a dream. She's been working for us for two weeks. Work's been crazy, so I've had her come more than the two half days I promised so she's been here for almost every day the last week and a half. Every moment she's here, she's been a blessing. She loves our Grey Grey, just can't get enough of him. I love how she interacts with him: she sings, she plays the piano with him, she plays games, talks constantly, all in perfect Mandarin. On top of all that, she cleans like my Mom does, cooks, is incredibly professional, proactive, eager to learn, anxious to please, and has taken over our home with a sense of ownership and pride that is beyond our expectations. I honestly do not know what I ever did to deserve her. She is just so much more than what I ever thought I'd find for Greyson.
Today, Grey was pulling one of his "I don't need an afternoon nap" days. She intervened, pulled him out of his crib and just played quietly in his room while I eavesdropped on the baby monitor from my office. Her voice was tender and gentle, I could hear her making up stories, coaxing him to try and sleep, singing to him. After reading a few books, and serenading our child with a series of delightful Chinese lullabies, she put him back in his crib, and he was asleep in 10 min. She then headed straight back to the kitchen and proceeded to wash out our cat's litter box, without my asking. She goes above and beyond in everything she does. She makes me realize that if I only had that stellar of an attitude when I first got out of college, I bet I could have found a job faster and gone farther. I was so afraid when I lost my last nanny that it would take me months to feel the same way about someone else. It's taken me two weeks. Xiao Ling was the first person to respond to my ad, and she is a loving reminder to me of how my God provides, "far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think." (Ephesians 3:20)
Last weekend was our anniversary and to celebrate, we brought Greyson to our reception site for lunch, The Legion of Honor Cafe. It was a full circle moment being there with him. I couldn't be more blessed this sixth year of my marriage. I tell my husband all the time that marrying him was the best decision I ever made. Six years and one noisy kid later, I feel exactly the same way.





1 Comments:
Belated HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
Yes, the Lord has done great things for us, & we rejoiced. Ps 126.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home