Greycinations

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Wooly

Greyson has fallen in love with his lovey, a little plush lamb I bought him when he was just four months old. We've always had Wooly in his crib, and even though Greyson seemed to like him, he never really responded to him. In just the last week, it appears that Greyson and Wooly have become lifelong friends. When we tuck Greyson in at bedtime, we say "Where's Wooly?" and when he finds him he squeals with glee. When Grey wakes up in the morning, whirls Wooly around chatting to himself until I drag myself out of bed to get him. When I do, Wooly comes with us to the glider, and Grey picks at his ear while he nurses. Before naps, Wooly and Grey wrestle in bed until he falls asleep. It's so heartwarming to see our son form his first attachment to something other than us. I immediately went out that weekend and bought another two Woolys. To top that off, at a garage sale recently, I found a giant Wooly for $1 that I couldn't resist. So now we have three Woolys and Wooly's mom. I washed them all, and was very careful to make sure Greyson didn't see them all hanging side by side to dry. There is only one Wooly to him and we intend to keep it that way.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

That's so cute - I'm trying to find Ollie something like Wooly that isn't too hideous. Good thinkin' on buying extras...what will he say when/if he loses the other three and then all of a sudden Wooly has grown overnight! It will be a Wooly miracle.

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahaa!! Audrey has SEVEN Bunny Bears!! She used to bite through their noses at extraodinary rates... She is still terribly attached to Bunny Bear and has only just been made aware of 2 of them... one which stays with us at home and one which stays at Ah Ma's :).

2:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home