Smoocher
Greyson's been kissing us both on the cheek for a while now. We say "kiss kiss" and he nose dives towards your face and plants a glob of slobber. This morning in bed, he decided to give me lots of kisses on the lips. I have no idea where he learned this, but it was the sweetest thing ever.We officially hired a new nanny today. After placing an ad in the local Chinese newspaper, at least 15 phone interviews and 6 meetings in person, we've found a replacement. I am ambivalent about the whole thing, but I'm sure in time, she will grow on me too. I spoke to our old nanny today and she wants me to come by her place and pick up some homemade sticky rice dumplings. During our short conversation on the phone, she chided me for eating dinner so late and told me to take better care of myself. I don't know what happened, I fired my nanny and suddenly I have an aunt.
I've been speaking Mandarin to Greyson more often when we're alone. When I first started doing that, he'd looked at me with his head cocked. When I read books in Chinese to him, he wouldn't even turn the pages and seemed relieved when I finally switched to English. He's used to it now, and truth be told, I am too.

2 Comments:
Really - everything this kid does just gets cuter and cuter.
Don't worry about the nanny thing - she'll grow on you, and if she doesn't at least now you have some experience in letting someone go!
Wasn't the old nanny always kind of like an auntie? I thought that was part of what made her so annoying, the mock familiarity.
smooch-smooch? he learns early!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home