A Great Day
I had a fabulous day today. Greyson retreated to his two-nap routine, and not only that, took an extra-long afternoon nap than usual. When he was awake he was cheerful and rested. We also had a relatively amicable food day, although not without some deception and stealth on my part. Greyson ate his whole wheat spaghetti, beans, peas and pears while I pureed green beans with some baby cereal till they were silky fine, put the puree into commercial baby food jars, and then fed them to him. The kid has a penchant for take out. All the food I make him he hates, but shelf-stable, store-bought food he'll eat. I read, checked email, worked, vacuumed, ate... it was a welcome reprieve after he last week of napless days and cranky whining. Long naps +combat-free meal times=Happy Mommy.
The highlight of our day was our playdate with Hai-Nhu and Evelyn. As the curious turnings of life would have it, Hai-Nhu and I are now neighbors. I am thrilled about it. Greyson was asleep for most of the time they were here, but it was lovely to hang out and catch up with Hai-Nhu. Without Greyson, I am more focused and can enjoy some hearty adult conversation. Hopefully there will be more play dates for our little ones in the future. They have seem to have such a connection, those two.
Here's a video of Greyson wearing Uncle Big's Christmas present. I tried to take a picture, but I decided the cuteness was more magnificent in motion.

2 Comments:
He looks so so grown up..the cap or what-ever is perfect on his cute face!!
Wow, he can respond to your question like that?! I'll have to try it with Evelyn. I had *such* a great time catching up the other day -- can't wait to do it again, and see the two kids get in each others' faces again :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home