Union Square



We brought Greyson to Union Square on the train today. It is a 12 minute ride from our new neighborhood. It was Greyson's first foray onto public transportation. Whenever we walk down West Portal Avenue, Greyson is always enamored by the train as it goes by. I think it was a real trip for him to actually get on it, have it go below ground, and watch the doors open and shut at every station. We had such a fabulous time. We got off at the Westfield Shopping Center and had Thai food at the food court. We went to Bloomingdales where Uncle Bigs got a gift for his sister, and Daddy blew bubbles to amuse Greyson while he waited. We went to Janie and Jack and got Greyson a new hat (thanks Uncle Bigs!). We walked around the Square, visited the SPCA display at Macy's and took pictures by the Christmas tree.


It felt wonderful being downtown on a Saturday with all the crowds and holiday madness. When I used to work in the Financial District, Union Square was an every day haunt for me at Christmas time. I'd walk there after work, enjoy the lights, shop, then bus home. Since having Greyson, I enjoy the definite perk of being able to go downtown during off-hours, but I have missed being amongst seasonal hustle and bustle. Hopefully now that it's so easy to get there, we'll be taking more weekend field trips downtown.
Our little Boy Wonder started whistling the other day. I was in the kitchen while he was making his rounds about the dining table, when I first heard him do it. Roque got such a kick out of it when he got home, he took this video. It's really quiet and you have to listen carefully, but it's there.

2 Comments:
downtown sounds fun and looks good too...Olivia would probably love it down there. I fear the girl is missing out on lovely christmas time things because her parents loathe shopping and crowds.
hey, for sure it's whistling..audio & sight..his mouth indicates it! so funny..he's a happy2 child..PTL!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home