A Walking Day
Greyson is such a speed crawler that it has been hard to interest him in walking. He is completely stable and even does it with one hand held, but he loses patience really quickly because it's so much faster for him to crawl. On Sundays at church, we let him "crawl amok" in the lobby after service and he tears down the halls, in between conversations and feet, squealing with glee. People at church have said he's the fastest crawler they've ever seen. Other mommy friends that have seen him say the same. Since I have nothing to compare him with, I don't really know. I just know that when I walk around the house, going from room to room, Greyson is right at my heels. He never needs to catch up, he's always right there.

Today we had a walking day. Wherever Greyson went today, he wanted to walk. He walked between us, holding our hands, from a restaurant to our parking space, the longest distance he's ever walked. We walked him around a shopping mall, chasing Uncle Bigs. It was so dear. It was like a switched turned on in his head. I haven't seen him this interested in walking ever. It makes me sad to think my little crawler's days are numbered. It's just so unstoppable, this metamorphosis from baby to child. I wish I could slow it down. Soon my little guy will be walking beside me, and even though my arms will be thankful, my heart will miss the sight of my crawler tearing down the hallway and diving between my feet.

2 Comments:
he's growing by leaps & bounds! can't wait to see him soon..walking with AhMah & Gong2!
ah you are cherishing the moments... tis a good sign, and cherish this one too, number 2 child, you wouldn't remember the transitions. it is the privilege of the first born.
the kids have been asking for their cousin. let's meet up and have them chase each other on their knees for the last time.
cheers,t
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home