Cows and Time Off
Day off today. Our interim babysitter comes on Fridays so I can have an entire day to myself to do whatever I please. It was divine. I ran errands in the North Bay, and spent the drive up there just taking in the loveliness around me; rolling hills, ocean views, blue skies, and cows, gorgeous black and white, Ben and Jerry cows. I grew up in Asia, so I never fail to get excited when I see cows. On the route I was on today, the cattle were really close and I could actually see their faces and appreciate their coloring. It was therapeutic. I have so little time to myself these days, just an hour in the car alone was a treat. I prayed, turned up the stereo, soaked up the scenery, and made phone calls. I got to catch up with one of my oldest friends today, my college roommate, Jen. It was so wonderful, after all these years, she is still so close to my heart. Some things don't change. After a day of being away, I couldn't wait to see Greyson when I got home. He was super affectionate, asking for hugs left and right. It's true how that old country song goes, "How can I miss you if you don't go away?" I gotta do this more often.
Here's a video I took last week. Mom and Dad, you were wondering if we still used the lawnmower you gave us. We sure do and now Greyson's enjoying it too.

1 Comments:
Rock has a little great companion in the son. Indeed raising a Cain needs a proactive father-head..good job,Papi!! AhMah
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home