Birthday
Thirty-three. The night before, Roque threw me a child-free soirée with some of our closest friends. On the day of, we had an early family breakfast then a trip to Lake Merced to feed the ducks. Roque came home at lunch with flowers and a pear-cherry tart. We had an early dinner with Arvin at my favorite restaurant, Chow. Today, the topper, Roque surprised me by making an appointment on my behalf with a personal shopper at Nordstrom's. It is the nicest thing anyone could ever do for a mom. Having Greyson left me with a wardrobe of unused clothes, and a body I don't recognize. My sweetheart's parting words to me as I left the house were, "Don't hesitate." The whole experience was nothing short of therapeutic. It was a relief to have someone tell me what colors to wear, what body type I am, what brands to shop, and give me tools to help embrace the body I have always battled. By sight, she picked out a pair of jeans for me that actually fit perfect, and that I love. For two hours, I didn't have to think. It was a mental vacation. I wish everyone could have a husband as sensitive, supportive and thoughtful as mine. It was hands down the best birthday present I ever received.

3 Comments:
Blessed Birthday, daughter! Glad the day was so thoughtfully celebrated by thy beloved..I'm happy for thee! AhMah.
That is so awesome Son! I'm jealous. By the way, "Happy Birthday!" I didn't realize you were an April Fool's gal! Love ya, Erin
Happy Birthday sweetie!!
Much Love and Many Hugs! Fran
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home