Greycinations

Monday, March 17, 2008

Crissy Fields



It was a gorgeous day today, I decided to pack Greyson up and after a harrowing morning at home, head for the beach to enjoy some sun. We had such a fabulous time. We picked a spot, laid out our picnic mat, and settled in for some sand time and lunch by the waves. Now that he's walking, it's much easier doing things like this on my own since I don't have to carry him all the time. The highlight of our time was running into Martina and her boys. Our sons play together every week and it was thrilling to enjoy something "unscheduled."

Sitting on the beach today with the Golden Gate Bridge right there made me so thankful to be raising my son in San Francisco. There is so much for him to enjoy here, that I didn't have growing up in Singapore. The nature, the outdoors, the wildlife. I love that I can take him to the park any day and have squirrels run right up to us, feed some ducks, or see gophers pop their heads in and out of the ground. I have no idea what parents do with their toddlers in Singapore, not being able to be outside as much in the heat. I'm sure they find their own routine, but I know Greyson would be miserable. He has definitely become and outdoorsy California boy. At this point, I don't even think a suburban town would satisfy him.

Greyson's favorite word is "no." It was cute at first, but after a weekend of him exercising his personal right choose a little too frequently, we're a little tired of it. Here's a firsthand look.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely capture of the Golden Bridge, a tourist's must to see! Yes, Grey2 seems to enjoy the sand & sun. We're very amused by his exertive NO!! ( which maybe Not amusing as he grows! )

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home